Friday 9 December 2011

MODERN STYLE CHRISTMAS CARD

I wanted to have a go at a few modern styled Christmas cards this year, here is one of them. This one is now winging it's way over to my Uncle in Australia so hope the glitter doesn't all fall off on the way :o)

I used a DL sized card blank but trimmed it down a little so it had a slimmer appearance. For the trees I cut varied sized triangles from coloured card stock. For the Black and White trees I embossed them with a dotty embossing folder then coloured over the raised dots with a glue pen and covered with glamour dust just to give them a little bling! The sentiment is embossed using white powder, the lovely stamp I used is from Stamping All Day, link to the right if you'd like to take a look. I really love the style of this stamp!


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge - E for Embossing
Moving Along with the Times - Last Minute Christmas
Crafty Creations - Card with a Sentiment
Sarah Hurley - Christmas
Penny's - Merry Christmas
Emerald Faeries - Christmas (Non Traditional Colours)

11 comments:

Anne said...

Loveeverything about these cards April. Anne x

Anonymous said...

What a NEAT design!
I love the colors you've chosen
and LOVE that its a long card!
They are really fun to do!

Thanks so much for linking up at
ABC so I got to see this! ~Leah

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful Christmas card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Merry Christmas Challenge!

Kathleen – Guest Designer
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab cards & great idea for using all ya scraps on the trees, love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Tracey Manderson said...

I love this paper, have used it myself. Great card. Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden, and good luck with the Challenge.
Hugs
Tracey

Lindsey said...

Love these trees and how you created the background scene! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.

downrightcrafty said...

what a lovely creation and thank you for sharing it with us at the Emerald Garden Faerie
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some candy if you are interested:)

Julie said...

Just lovely! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday! Have a great week.

Julie

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

So beautiful and elegant! Thanks for sharing with us at The Emerald Faerie Garden. Hugs...Mona

papertrails leaver said...

What a fabulous card! I love the swirl! Thanks for joining us at Penny's for our anything goes challenge! :-) Amy

JanR said...

Saw this at Penny's and I just had to pop over and tell you how awesome I think it is. I just love the design and the non-traditional colours are fabulous!